Hacking the Foscam – Part II
Okay, been busy with the code I posted earlier, as well as some other code goodies, but I’ll post about those another time.
I’ll keep this post short, and to the point. I’ve finished my extract.c application into a full-fledged utility for extracting, and yes, reassembling the APP_WARE firmware file (also known as the Embedded UI). With this program you can extract all of the files from the UI firmware file, make changes, add new files, etc. and reassemble them back into a working firmware file, which can then be uploaded onto the camera.
Apparently WordPress doesn’t let me host even small source files, so I decided to go and make a project on SourceForge.net to host it, and other progresses made by myself or others. You can find the source here.
Enjoy! (I trust, given my earlier post, you can figure out how to compile and run this…)